Keto Chicken Jamboree is one of the first proper non-Indian Low Carb recipes I tried when I began my LCHF journey.
When I first started on LCHF, I fumbled around a bit in the beginning and would add cream to everything. But after a few days, I started getting the hang of it and began to look at food in the right way as Carbs, Proteins and Fats.
My LCHF recipes were usually just a few ingredients that I had thrown in together and meet my macros. It was only when I decided to introduce low carb meal kits in the earlier version of Awesome Chef that I started looking at proper recipes. That was when my Chef friend shared the recipe of Keto Chicken Jamboree.
One of the best things I love of LCHF Diet is that the food is mostly one-pot or one-bowl. You can just throw in a few low carb ingredients, vegetable, some proteins and voila, the meal is ready. This not just saves time, but also reduces the number of vessels to wash (my lady friends will know the pain of a sink-full of unwashed dishes😁).
Making the Keto Chicken Jamboree
The Keto Chicken Jamboree is a ridiculously simple recipe to make. All you need to do is chop the veggies, stir fry the chicken, mix it with the veggies and cook them all together.
If Balsamic Vinegar is unavailable, you can swap it with regular Vinegar or Apple Cider vinegar. However, this will alter the taste.
The Keto Chicken Jamboree is quite filling and highly nutritious. It is a good source of vitamin B6, vitamin C and has a decent amount of folate, niacin and selenium. Broccoli, like other cruciferous vegetables has excellent anti-cancer properties. It is also good in fibre to aid bowel movement.
While this dish is named as Keto Chicken Jamboree, the quantities can easily be increased to make it a common dish for the whole family, whether or not they are on Low Carb. The vegetable and chicken alone in this dish, makes for a heart-healthy and highly nutritious meal.
This recipe can also be made Vegetarian by swapping it with Paneer.
Keto Chicken Jamboree
- Non-Stick pan
- 150 g Chicken Breast cut into small cubes
- 100 g Mushroom
- 75 g Broccoli blanched in hot, salted water
- 60 g Carrots
- 50 g Onion
- 30 ml Olive Oil extra virgin
- 10 ml Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 nos. Green Lemon
- 1 tsp Black Pepper powder
- ½ tsp Mixed Herbs
- 1 Bay Leaf
- Few Coriander Leaves
- Marinatethe chicken with salt and pepper and few drops of olive oil and keep aside for15 minutes
- Chop the onions finely, dice the carrots and quarter the mushrooms.
COOKING THE KETO CHICKEN JAMBOREE
- Heat the remaining Olive oil in a pan with a lid and sauté the chicken until brown
- Once brown, add the onion, mushroom, mixed herbs, bay leaf and lemon zest. Stir till the mushrooms begin to soften.
- Then add the balsamic vinegar and around 30 ml of water and stir. Cover the pan with the lid for 2 mins
- Add the carrots and cover again, cook till the veggies are a little tender (sprinkle water if required).
- Now add the broccoli and give it one good stir allow it cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, take out the bay leaf, garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve.
- Total Calories: 633 KCal
- Carbs: 22g
- Fibre: 5.5g
- Proteins: 29g
- Fats: 47.4g